What is management? - 1 day course
An enjoyable, useful workshop designed for both inexperienced and experienced managers who have had no structured training.
Using a mixture of theory, discussion and practical exercises, key members of staff will cover some of the concepts, tools and techniques of management in order to become more effective and confident when managing their team. Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
- Management definitions and the role of a manager – chance to consider what it means to be a manager together with an analysis of the different jobs involved
- Understanding your role as a manager – a practical exercise which emphasises the importance of planning and teamwork
- Styles of management – a very useful model which helps you to understand how different styles of management are appropriate in different situations
- Time Management – your chance to develop skills and understanding in balancing the need for responding to the present and planning for the future
- Planning- a more detailed examination of the skills needed to become good at planning and setting useful objectives
- Delegation – a discussion about the need to develop this essential management skill, together with useful techniques