Supervisor training - 1 day course
This enjoyable, interactive course is designed for those people taking (or who have taken) the first step into management. Whether you are a team leader, supervisor or first line manager – the first step can be the biggest you will ever take as a manager.
Your position now makes demands upon your abilities to organise, motivate and manage other people, something you may have had little or no training or experience in.
Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
Using a mixture of theory, discussion and practical exercises this workshop will cover the following:
- Definitions and roles of a supervisor/manager – a discussion about the sorts of jobs and tasks that you will now get involved in
- The difference between being a member of staff and a supervisor – your chance to examine the huge differences between behaving as a manager and behaving as a member of staff
- The skills involved in managing a process – a practical exercise which will highlight the importance of planning and teamwork
- Why do people fail to delegate? – an examination of the many reasons why people don’t delegate as they should
- Guidelines for delegation – chance to build your skills in this important management discipline
- Top tips to improve time management – chance to examine a really useful checklist of skills which will help you to become more organised and pro-active
- Motivating your team – a discussion which will help you understand how you can behave in ways which will motivate your team