Performance management - 1 day course
This enjoyable, interactive workshop is designed to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence of those managers who are responsible for maintaining standards in their team.
This practical course will cover some of the main issues of managing performance in a positive way. Key areas covered will include motivation, dealing with difficult situations and praise. There will be an emphasis on problem solving by asking questions and listening
Often the best way to deal with problems like lateness, low work standards and other work related issues is by a structured yet informal conversation. If this is successful then the manager and member of staff will not need to take the matter further as standards will have improved.
Using a mixture of theory, discussion and practical exercises, with the opportunity to practice these skills in the afternoon. Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
This course will cover the following:
- Managing performance – the key issues – chance to identify the main problems affecting performance and discuss their impact on the rest of the team and the business
- Motivating your staff – a useful discussion on the factors which motivate your team so that standards do not drop in the first place (prevention is better than cure!)
- Behavioral types – a useful discussion about aggressive, passive, depressive and assertive behavior and their impact
- Dealing with situations assertively – a very useful behavior model which will enable you to deal with performance issues in a tactful, positive way
- What is informal action?- your introduction to a very useful structure for dealing with performance issues
- Best practice for conducting informal action – a more detailed session which explores the behaviors required to handle performance effectively
- A summary of the stages of informal action – a summary checklist for managing performance together with more chance to practice