Making meetings work - 1 day course
The purpose of this enjoyable, interactive workshop is to enable you to perform more effectively and confidently in meetings.
Whether this is a staff meeting, management meeting or meeting with a client, there are some structures and behaviours which will make your meetings have more momentum and greater success.
The day will be a mixture of theory, practical exercises and discussion. Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
The course content will include the following:-
- Some thoughts on meetings – a discussion about some of the meetings we have been in to date
- The purpose and function of meetings – a session considering why we have meetings and what we hope to achieve
- The dynamics of meetings – a look at some of the behaviours displayed at meetings and their effects
- Hidden agendas – an appreciation of some of the other activities going on at meetings
- Increasing the effectiveness of meetings – a really useful check list of all the structures and best practice you can apply to your own meetings
- Key reasons why meetings don’t work – an exploration of some of the reasons why meetings don’t have much impact or success
- Behaviour in meetings – your chance to build your skills at understanding the behaviours shown in meetings and their impact
- The skills of the chair – the importance of chairing meetings and your chance to practice running a great one
- Assertiveness in meetings – an opportunity to build on your assertiveness skills in meetings so that you can put your ideas over and deal with interruptions and conflict
- Presenting your ideas – an examination of the skills it takes to put a great idea or proposal over to your colleagues so they can see the benefits