Dealing with difficult people and situations - 1 day course
The purpose of this enjoyable, interactive workshop is to enable delegates to become more assertive in the workplace. The tools and techniques covered will enable delegates to deal with situations in a confident and diplomatic way and will improve their communication skills.
The day will be a mixture of theory, discussion and practical exercises. Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
- Understanding behavioural types – so that you can deal with them
- The seven rights of the assertive person – a look at reasonable behaviour
- Five step approach to basic assertiveness – a really useful behavioural model for dealing with conflict in a calm, structured way
- Behaviour inventory – chance to look at different responses to a range of situations and examine the most effective ones
- Broken record technique – another great technique for developing calm persistence and persuasive skills
- Fogging technique – a chance to develop the skills of listening and calming situations down
- Handling complaints – a very useful technique for dealing with the emotional side of complaints
- Constructive criticism – an examination of best practice for making criticism constructive and helpful