Coaching skills - 1 day course
The purpose of this workshop is to enable you to tap into your teams’ skills, knowledge and abilities by using a coaching style of management.
The day will be a mixture of theory, practical exercises and discussion. Content can be adjusted to suit your organisation, just ask!
The course content will include the following:-
- What’s the difference between coaching, mentoring, counselling, training? a useful discussion to set the scene
- Defining coaching - a description of what we as a group define coaching to focus the session
- The push/pull model for supporting staff - a very useful way of thinking about how you will communicate
- Discussion about coaching - discussions about when coaching is and isn’t useful
- What does it take to be a great coach? - checklist of the skills needed
- Listening skills - practice sessions of the most important coaching skill
- Practice session – asking questions about a challenging situation and listening
- Giving feedback – theory and practice sessions
- The GROW model for coaching - a very useful structure for your sessions
- Useful questions for the GROW model – a comprehensive list of useful questions to ask
- Coaching sessions to encourage implementation – more chance to practice your new skills