Although many grants have been cut, there is a new stream of funding available for management training from the Growth Accelerator fund. The Growth Accelerator fund is a government fund set aside to help businesses grow through expert business coaching and training. If you join Growth Accelerator for business coaching then you are entitled to apply for a management training grant. Training Works is one of the training providers working with Growth Accelerator.
What size grant can I get?
You can apply for up to £2,000 per senior manager (or manager involved in managing at a strategic level) as long as you match it with funding from your organisation. There is no ceiling as long as you match the investment with your own 50%.
Example: If you have 3 managers and you want a £1,000 grant for each of them, then you will get a £3,000 grant, and you will need to contribute £3,000 from your organisation. That would give you £6,000 for management training.
Typically, £6,000 will pay for eight days of tailor made training relevant to your organisation. Other managers from your organisation can attend this training along with the managers who have received the grant. This makes it a great time to go ahead with management training. For example you could put 7 managers through eight days training relevant to improving the profitability of your organisation at a total cost to you of just £3,000.
There is also a highly subsidised, one off charge for accessing the coaching programme. See below for details.
What can I use it for?
The training you apply for, must help to develop your businesses’ management skills. It can’t be used for statutory training or mandatory training. You may know what you need or you might want to talk to us so we can help you work out what’s best for your organisation. This might include:
- Time management
- Setting objectives
- Writing reports
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing and negotiating
- Managing change
- Managing customer care
- Understanding customers
- Understanding quality
- Building the team
- Planning your staffs’ development
- Recruitment and selection
- Maintaining discipline
- Handling conflict
- Presentation skills
- Managing meetings
- Written communication (inc. letters and emails)
- One to one communication
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Managing performance
- Appraisal skills
- Managing absence
What's the criteria?
In order to qualify for the funding, you must first meet the following criteria:
- You, and the company you work for are based in England
- Your company has between 2 and 249 employees
- You turn over less than £40m
- You should have the potential for rapid, sustained growth
- You will be able to work with an experienced business coach from Growth Accelerator. There is a one off charge for long term coaching, which is significantly subsidised by the government, as follows:
Micro and start up businesses (up to 9 employees) - £600
Small business (10 to 49 employees) - £1,500
Medium sized companies (50 to 249 employees) - £3,000
So, in summary:
1. Find out if Growth Accelerator is right for you
2. Join the programme and have a business coach assigned
3. Access the management training grants
If you meet the criteria, and you want to grow your business with the help of coaching and training, then to register an interest please email email@example.com Just ask us for an initial telephone appointment to discuss what’s best for your business and include the following details:
1. Your name
2. Your telephone number
3. Any other information you feel may be helpful (not essential)